Why is it important to look after your skin
Skin is the largest organ we have and is our most important barrier to protect our body from harmful elements.
Having a healthy skin is essential as it is the primary source of defense against the UV rays, environmental pollutants, and other elements.
Let’s dive in and have a look at why it is important to look after the skin and what should be the skincare routine?
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO LOOK AFTER THE SKIN?
The skin has a regular shedding process. With time you might find your skin dull or even loosing form its natural firmness. The sooner you look after your skin the better it is and the better result you will get for your makeup.
Keep in mind that all skin types are different, you can’t follow a similar skin regime recommended by others. It is therefore advised to choose a skin care routine along with the skin care products according to your skin type.
A healthy skin care regime on regular basis saves your money. If I take my example as I live in a sunny country, I noticed that my skin got some marks last year. It could have been caused by my reasons: sun exposure, pregnancies… Though I’m not going under the sun nor get any sun tan, because it’s sunny 330 days per year in Dubai, I would get indirect sun exposure any way. For years I didn’t protect my skin on a daily basis with a SPF cream. And this is how I got skin marks… Since then I’ve changed my skincare routine and have integrated SPF on a daily basis before applying my makeup as well as put my kin under a treatment to reduce the appearance of my skin marks…
Having a clear, radiant youthful skin boosts up your confidence in social gatherings and even may prevent you to wear to much makeup to hide your skin concerns.
A healthy skin care routine results in a healthy routine for the entire body. It doesn’t come only from the skincare products you apply on your skin, but also when you develop healthy eating, sleeping and fitness habits.
WHAT SHOULD BE A SKIN CARE ROUTINE?
Following a healthy skin care routine is essential to maintain radiant and glowing skin.
- Know your proper skin type whether you have a dry, oily, combination or sensitive skin.
- Choose skin care products according to your skin type. Apply cleansers over your face and rinse it with warm water. Choose the cleansers without the inclusion of harmful chemicals like alcohols, fragrance or others.
- Use a toner after cleansing your face regardless of your skin type. It offers essential ingredients to your skin which include vitamin B derivatives, antioxidants and toning acids which are important for healthy skin. Toners help the skin to achieve their normal ph.
- Apply antioxidant serums over your skin at least once daily to prevent the skin against harmful environmental effects along with the UV rays. It is important as the use of serums helps in neutralizing the inflammatory response of the skin against the damaging pollutants.
- Use the eye cream daily (morning and evening) for reducing the fines lines and loss of collagen around the eyes. It makes your eye skin firmer and prevents it from aging.
- Use a moisturizer daily even if you have oily skin. It is essential as it offers complete hydration to your skin.
- Apply broad-spectrum SPF sunscreen over your skin. It is advised to use physical sunscreens with the inclusion of zinc that offers complete protection against the UV rays.
Follow the skin care routine based on your skin type to achieve beautiful and better looking skin!
I want to hear more about your skin care routine! What is yours?